Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wentworth Falls - Blue Mountains, NSW

After waking to another beautiful morning, and with everyone (incl Eugene; below) in a "summery" mood, we decided to head into the Blue Mountains for some relaxing family time away from the pace in Sydney.


When we arrived, one of our first stops was at the local bookshop. The shop has "that" quite, calm, relaxed feel about it. Karla also loves books, so getting her to leave required the usual threats, ha-ha!

The "Blue Mist Cafe" in Wentworth Falls has become the equivalent of our favorite spot in Napier, called Ujazi. Getting here takes about 1 hour and 10 minutes drive from home, which is a bummer. I had the Ploughmans Platter, Karin had a homemade burger (nice!) and Karla had pancakes + maple syrup. Boeta also chowed his and a lot om my food. I can tell I'll have to watch my plate (and food) closely as he grows-up :-)

Relaxing after lunch. Just a stunning day and a wonderful setting.

Karla is amazing with her little brother. She watches him like a hawk, and always has a hand or arm between him and a window frame or table or whatever. Here she has a protective arm behind him in-case he topples over backward and bumps his head. Too bloody sweet !

One of my favorite photo's from the day.

A photo I plan to print big and frame for my office.

Karla is now well-and-truly comfortable in front of a camera. I don't know why, but it does not matter, as long as she keeps posing like this, ha-ha!



We've noticed that Boeta has this phobia with trees or anything actually touching is head. Naturally we could not resist, and he rewarded us with this face.

He is also fascinated with his mothers tongue....

~END