Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The last Braai, sunshine and baking with the kids

Time is now starting to fly. Only 16 days left for us in Napier. As a result we are starting to enter the "this is the last time we'll do..." phase of our life in Napier.

On the weekend we had two braai's in preparation of me disassembling the Weber before packing it away. My folks are still on their annual leave, so we've spent a lot of time with them in the last fortnight, which is great. Last night Karin baked three tarts and some date-clusters for the people at her work (she finishes on Thursday). The kids & I helped, and as you can imagine, Eugene could not believe his luck when we allowed him to "play" in the coconut mix. Karla was her usual "big helper" self, but did lead her brother astray everytime we looked away, haha!

CLICK ON ANY IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW

My Dad, Mum and Eugene enjoying the warmth and sunshine on Saturday afternoon.
My mum in the Aussie corner....
....and my Dad in the Kiwi corner :-)

Karin and I rolled the clusters, and the kids coated them in coconut. At this stage things were still going (kinda) to plan.

At the end of the job Eugene was fairly well coated in coconut, half of which was thrown on him by his big-sis. Naughty girl!

He loved being allowed to "help" us with the date-clusters. Too cute really!

~END