Thursday, March 10, 2011

Statues by the Sea (Cottesloe Beach) and the fish Karin and Eugene caught...

Some of the sculptures on  Cottesloe Beach at sunset. I did not have my tripod,
so it is not the best image.


A rather elaborate sand castle built below the high-tide mark, meaning it would be gone
in less than 6 hours.
 

The same castle photographed at f/32, with the camera perched on a rock and using the
 mirror lock-up function. This is the smallest I can set my 17-85mm lens' aperture, and at
 ISO100 it required a 30 second long exposure.
 
The laughing red baby - another one of the sculptures on display. In this image I
 intentionally processed the shadows to be very dark, and also de-saturated
the red levels in the image.

The Fishing Expedition - An Update

Eugene with the very first fish he ever caught all by himself! He was very excited and proud.

Karin with her best effort of the day. I caught nothing, zero, niks!
A last image. Two nights ago Eugene was helping me with the edge trimmer
while I mowed the lawn.