Monday, June 4, 2012

When we were young...pre 1999

Karin and her red VW Beetle. This photo is from ~1994, taken on an old Olympus. I developed and printed this myself at the Uni Physics dept.

My cousin, Martin (right) and I playing as only kids can. We were best of mates for many years.

John Billing & I in Melbourne at the F1-GP track. This was back in 1996. I was WTBSA Lab Controller and I think John was DP Controller.

A legend in his own time. Sas Douglas spoilt us for dinner at Lazar's, his favorite steakhouse (which sadly closed in 2008). Just look at the size of the steaks!
My very good friend, Brian Fisher is seated in the middle. He was a manufacturing & design master.

Just before we left for NZ. Here Karin and I are pictured with another legend, Chris Botes at his 60th birthday party. I had resigned a week before this photo was snapped.
On the Wednesday before the party I asked "Is it OK if we still come?" Chris replied, "Don't be stupid, off course you can come!", so we did :-)
Also pictured is my mate, Brian, now retired and his wife Yvonne (standing, wearing glasses).
Another one of Martin (my cousin; aka Noekie) and I from ~1976 at their house in Silverton.

L to R: Me, uncle Henk, Aunt Julie, Martin, my dad and Markie. Probably ~1974.

Me with my grandmother and my Dad at "Fonteine" in Pretoria.