Monday, January 28, 2013

RX100 - A mind-blowing experience

So, I've been shooting DSLR's for years, always chasing better and better image quality, buying better and better lenses....a seemingly endless, rather expensive (but still a rewarding) exercise.

...but things have changed, and I am in shock. The web has been buzzing since the recent  release of two new Sony camera's, both fitted with Zeiss glass, and I finally decided to take the plunge. Picked one up at JB HiFi, and have just looked at the pictures (all Out Of Camera JPG's; no fiddling) and the AVCHD video, all shot in Freo earlier this arvo. As I type this I can hardly believe my eyes. The images are amazing, and no need to spend hours processing RAW files, and the video could be readily imported and edited in MovieMaker!

Some samples below (video too), including the odd in-camera effect for fun. I feel free...! No more DSLR's and in many ways I've returned to my roots. My very first digital camera was a 3.2 Mpixel Sony DSC P72. 


* All below images shot at either Monochrome or Vivid setting (20 megapixel JPG fine) *







An "illustration" effect






The below video's are poor representations of the Full HD video's. They are super-smooth and sharp at 1080p.