Sunday, November 3, 2013

Braai, Scooter rides and birthday parties.

Yesterday was a pretty full-on day. We were up early and left for Freo at 6am sharp. Yes, the kids were up too! We stopped in at our usual haunt, had some coffee's and hot-chocolate and read the paper. After this we went to a birthday party for one of Eugene's class-mates (Emily) and I shot one of my nicest panoramic images yet (just over 150 mega-pixels).

Then, quickly packed up, shot home and loaded some beers etc. for the braai at Petie and Mariana's place. Got home at 10pm and Karin and the kids went to bed, and I finished watching the F1-GP qualifying (GO WEBER!) and then Thor, after which I went to Lala-land too.

Double-shot flat-white at Gino's.





Spider-man kid in the making...



Braai Photo's below







Karla playing with Dad's camera again; I don't mind, I'm teaching her the finer techniques :-)

Our hosts, Petie and Mariana

Young MC

...the mandatory Braai image...

Karin zooming around on Eugene's (was first Karla's) Razor scooter.

Mariana was "in the wars" most of yesterday. First she bumped her toe, then hurt her ankle and then I dropped a gazebo pole onto her eye.
They say these things happen in 3's, so she should be OK now, haha!

Petie could not resist the scooter either :-)



Soon MC's feet will reach, and then I have a feeling we'd better watch out!

Blurry picture by Karla before she broke my camera. Need a new Nikon DF now...(hint-hint).