Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A long time coming - Fujifilm Velvia 50

Ever since I started spending a small fortune on photography one item has alsways popped-up; Velvia 50 slide film. It is without doubt the premier films out there, especially for landscapes providing nothing short of spectacular colours. The consensus is that digital is still not there, and then there is the whole nostalgia of using something "old", but still capable of blowing the best digital out of the water.


So, I finally (after years) got my hands on the real thing...a roll of 120 (Medium Format) Fujifilm Velvia 50. Strange how in Fremantle they had plenty of stock, but I could never get it in-stock in Napier. Invariably it had to be shipped from the US with even places like Auckland not always having it. Perhaps the big-wig pro'd in Auckland always bought out all the stock?!

So, I have it loaded in the 1968 Yashika and ready to go. Hopefully I'll post some images in ~1 month. You have to take your time with this stuff; no sense in rushing or wasting it needlessly. I can't wait to go collect the prints!