Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Rock Crawl Adventure

Well, we were up at 5:30 and on the road 6:45....then I got a little lost (kinda). The upside is, we took the Captiva well and truly off the beaten track. When I say "we went bush", I am talking BUSH! We went as off-road as I dare with a 2WD Captiva, and the pic below was snapped only once we were back on-road. Karin and the kids loved it, and I did too :-)

However, eventually we had mobile reception again, and eventually found the Rock Crawl competition site. Magnificent spot (see Facebook)! We will go there again with some mates for an outing and take the R/C truck along to play.

Petie and Philip also came out and spent roughly 3 hours with us. I was a bit distracted (sorry Petie :-( ), but we had the Gazebo, chairs, the Esky and all the other bits to make it as comfortable as possible, so hope they had a good time too.

All-in-all a great day out.

A little lost, but having fun!

AXIAL SXC10 Chassis. I'm Running a Deadbolt body kit (not shown).

Eugene with his first-ever R/C car. We spent a little more, but this is a decent kit. 4WD, independent wishbone suspension, CV joint etc.
Way better than my first car by a long shot. He is a lucky boy :-)