Sunday, November 25, 2012

A weekend among weekends...

Well, how to start this entry....? At the beginning I guess. On Friday my good mate and long-time AWTA stalwart dropped a bombshell. Did it shock us? Safe to say Rob and I nearly fell of our chairs, or as close to it as "damn it" is to a swear word! Andrew is moving on to bigger and better things, but is leaving behind a void. Fortunately he will be less than 5 minutes away, and instead of the regional manager, he will now be our biggest client. I reckon he'll be a tough customer, haha! Anyway mate, jobs may change, but mate-ship remains.

How did I react? Friday night, no sleep. Saturday, complete revamp of the garden and installed new blinds for the bathroom window etc. Karin and I were totally smashed. And those bloody flies! In your nose, ears, eyes...crickey!...but we slept like babies. Sunday; very slowly got out of bed, stood up even slower and moaned-and-groaned about the aching muscles we'd forgotten we had. To relax we smoked some Salmon, Swordfish and cooked some Boerewors on the Weber (on one of them anyway :-)). Monday, who knows? Anyway, Rob's saying of  "Something big always happens in December" certainly is true again this year.

The back garden, with all the messy bush and crap removed. Some new palms, Kangaroo's Paw and Lavender plants have gone in.

Our trusty "Down Under" gas BBQ and my three Weber's. The green one was a gift from Craig Baker, the red one from a verge collection some months back
and the black one from my dad in NZ. I now need the blue and gray ones, haha!