Saturday, November 17, 2012

ilCibo and first summer BBQ - Nice and warm today

So, we've been waiting for a while, and summer seems to have finally arrived. It's been warm before, but you can tell that this is the "real" stuff we're getting now. I already have sun-tanned feet for crying out loud! 

Eugene really enjoys Phoenix Organic Cola, which ironically is from NZ. Tastes great and keeps mister-Gene quiet for a minute or two :-)
He still has the sniffles, and it is most likely hay-fever. Luckily Karla and I seem to not be affected. We were down at ilCibo, a cool coffee shop in Freo, doing our usual Saturday morning chill-out. I worked arvo-shift last night, so we ran a little late.
Our brown-eyed girl, all grown up...
I reckon Karin loves these outings, just to relax, watch people go by and think about nothing in particular (same as me). In fact, I spend a lot of time just looking at her; why wouldn't I ?
So, when the temperature hit 32 I quickly threw some snags and Boerewors on the barbie. Were heading down to the Swan River (Point Walter) at about 3pm. Great spot; will post some pics later. Check the sprinkler going in the background.

The view down to the Swan River (at Pt Walter); just a beautiful spot.

Karla and her friend,Jess, with the river in the distance..

...and a closer-up picture of the buddies...

One of the many picnic areas at Pt Walter

...and one of the play-parks for the kids.